Tuesday 6 March 2018

Soft pastels

Hiya Crafties!!!

Today something from my learning front :)

Almost two weeks ago we work with soft pastels on my artsy course. finally took pics of my work, hihihihi.

Believe it or not, I like soft pastels, but in my opinion I need lots more practice as my attempts are kinda 'tragic' :) One crucial difference between them and charcoal is... they have colours!!! Hahahaha! Need to learn how to blend them properly and how to use them to draw, that sure thing!


Here is pic of how I tried to 'feel' my pastels, so I was kinda scribbling, doodling :)


Not bad, I just concentrated too much on what is on the front of fruits, hihihihi!


Next attempt, much better - but still not exactly as I wanted... Our teacher said, she starting to see my own style here, I need to work on it :)


This one is my home practice from today... I think I used too much pressure in some points and my picture is not as good as I could have it, but... practice makes perfect, so... will be practicing :)

I'll show this one to the teacher tomorrow to have her opinion, but I'm pretty sure she'll agree with me.

That's all for today :)

Till next post Friends!

4 comments:

  1. Monika I am sure with practice and instructions you will get the use of pastels down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monika, you are doing so well with your drawing, and these are very good for early attempts! You will get better and better as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are enjoying the pastels Monika! Keep practicing and soon you'll be a pro!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for so nice comments.

    ReplyDelete