Thursday 21 June 2018

When you learn to paint...

Hiya peeps!

Today or actually tonight (for me) I decided to write about my .... painting... kinda...

As you know I am attending art course and this course is coming very fast to its end..

That means work on final piece...

I was thinking hard what to do... and I choose to produce mixed media piece.

I still don't feel comfortable with paints but decided to use acrylics as base/background for my piece.

Idea: landscape/meadow
Media: acrylics, twine/yarn, paper, etc.

So far made some sketches in charcoal  (unfortunately no pics).

Also tried to figured out what technique will be good for background - worked on canvas boards (my final work will be done on canvas).

Here's stippling technique, nice effect


Then played with palette knife 


I couldn't decide which one I like best and Joanne (teacher) suggested to mix both techniques:


And now I am even more in trouble 😁 I need to decide and have not 2 but 3 choices... eh life 😁😁😁.

What do you think?

Till next post friends! 

2 comments: