Wednesday 11 July 2018

My meadow :)

Hello Crafties!

Today.... my piece for art course... final piece... done.

Fact.. had to change a concept a bit as yarn and glue didn't want cooperate much.. but result.. is OK for me :)

But all in kinda order :) First I was trying techniques for base, then I was experimenting with glues, buttons, twine, yarn...




Then decided to try something different to paint my meadow... flat brush :) Result was very promising :)


Soooo.... I decided: palette knife for stormy skies and flat (big) brush for grass on my meadow.
Size of my canvas: 30 x 40 cm.


Then I had lots of thinking about how to make my mixed media bit... big pieces of yarn were not an option... definitely wanted to use wooden barks pieces Dom asked me to use. I was walking around crafty shop to find paper flowers... I found some... but... decided to sit, stamp, colour and cut out bit more flowers and... as planned before... some butterflies. 

Below bottom part of my picture/painting/mixed media - whatever you want to call it :)


Right bottom corner


Left bottom corner


My piece on the wall in our living room :)


On the end I used acrylic paints, white cardstock to create butterflies and some flowers (colored them with Prismacolor pencils), 2 shades of green twine, small pieces of red yarn, wooden bark pieces and fair amount of silver glitter glue (to imitate water drops).

What do you think about my art piece?

Till next post peeps!!!




2 comments:

  1. I love it! Love all of these pics. It's so interesting how you put it all together. I really love the daisies ,butterflies and the purple butterfly and rose. All the colors come together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! We can say I had a bit of headache when realized my idea with yarn not working as I expected, but... I'm not a person who gave up easily :) so I choose to use my paper crafting skills instead hihihihi

      Delete