Thursday 20 July 2017

A Birdie Note and Geordie :)

Hello crafty friends!!!

I'm not sure how many of you knows where I'm actually living... So..

Since almost 13 years I'm living in Geordieland :) For your information: Northeast of England, not too far from Newcastle upon Tyne, precisely in beautiful Northumberland county.

When people hear Geordies talking, they're often making huge mistake to call chaps from here: Scottish or Irish. Geordies are proud and friendly people and Geordie is a very interesting dialect, you can read about it a lot on internet.

My friend from London was happy when told him, I'm coming to England, but was petrified when found out I'm going to Newcastle... He said: They're not speak English!!! 

Honestly I was surprised, how he could say: English people who are not speak English??? My shock came when I landed here :) But I'm used to of it now and I'm happy to call this place my home. I have lots of friends here and this card I made for them as kinda: Thank Yee Aal! card.


For this project I used image called: A Birdie Note from Art by Barb - if you are interested in colouring challenges with her beautiful images, check: https://www.facebook.com/groups/artbybarb/.

I decided to make my card: green, clean and simple with only one patterned paper, then I put sentiment together with my Trodat Printy :)


For all who wants to know what this sentiment means, here's translation:
'Singing for you Darling!'

 Want to know more Geordie words? 

Check: http://www.englandsnortheast.co.uk/GeordieDictionary.html, on this page you can also find lots of interesting information about Northeast of England, history, festivals, towns and cities, places to visit etc.

That's all for today!!!

Till next post friends!






4 comments:

  1. Cute card, Monika, and thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Virginia and you're welcome 😊.

      Delete
  2. Love the card, Monika, and the explanation of Geordie dialect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matthew :) Geordie is very interesting dialect, maybe I have no chance to be good at it but my son will be for sure :)

      Delete